Re: A Hijacking Problem

Ron wrote:

David H. Lipman wrote:

From: "Ron" <ryon@xxxxxxxx>

| Lately I have been plagued by ads for Windows Antispyware that kept
| popping up all the damn time with it's message that my system may be
| running slow because of a virus. Ha! The only "virus" is the damn ad. I
| used an anti-spyware & adware program to get rid of all the tracking
| cookies, and for a while those ads stopped popping up. Now my system is
| being hijacked to:
|
| http://brandsurveypanel.com/rd_p?p=136094&c=16359-fdxvsups100vis_emc_d31&a=3735
|
| I would be in the middle of somthing, then my browser would jump to
| that webpage. The anti-spyware program doesn't seem to stop this
| problem at all. Can anyone tell me what's going on here and is there
| some way to stop my browser from being hijacked to that page as well as
| getting rid of that anti-virus ad for good? Thanks.
|
| Ron

What is the EXACT mesages inidicating in you are infected ?

What exactly is the anti malware application that you are suggested to use ?

Somewhat ironically it was the Win Anti-Virus program I think it was
called. I had used an anti-spyware program which claimed it had fixed
the problem, but that was always temporary. I then tried a new program
that was supposed to be freeware-- and it is as long as you don't ask
the program to do anything effective besides locating adware and
spyware. But once I found out there were a couple of hijacking java
scripts lurking around in my temporary Internet files, I deleted all of
those and numerous cookies, everything once again seems safe and
normal. But I'll have to wait and see if the problems are really gone
for good; sometimes it seems to be gone for a day or two, then it would
be back again

Ron

Generally you can run only 1 AV and 1 anti-spyware program: they tend to report one another!

  • Re: A Hijacking Problem
    ... and for a while those ads stopped popping up. ... I had used an anti-spyware program which claimed it had fixed ... But once I found out there were a couple of hijacking java ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: The Indian TV coverage in cricket is getting quite bad
    ... The ads keep popping up while the bowler is running to ... point doordarshan cuts off for a commercial break at not just match ... how far the private channels have sunk in their telecast. ...
    (rec.sport.cricket)
  • Re: The Indian TV coverage in cricket is getting quite bad
    ... The ads keep popping up while the bowler is running to ... sport to watch primarily as a sport where the entertainment lies in ... Timely indeed - saw the rediff post too. ...
    (rec.sport.cricket)
  • Re: A Hijacking Problem
    ... | used an anti-spyware & adware program to get rid of all the tracking ... and for a while those ads stopped popping up. ... | some way to stop my browser from being hijacked to that page as well as ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Lloyd- is S&S getting Batman?
    ... Lloyd how about advertising a "Family friendly smoke-free pool hall!" ... - you don't see many of those ads - yet! ... ~Ron R ...
    (rec.games.pinball)