Re: A free antispyware app (SS&D) fares awfully vs competitor for me

guybannister58@xxxxxxx wrote:

Until a few minutes ago I used Spybot Search & Destroy regularly for at
leats a year or so. Then, perhaps 20 minutes ago, I scanned my system
with the spyware detection and removal utility of the trial version of
Super Utilties (ver. 6.25) -- it found 49 instances of spyware! Before
removing the 49 instances, however, I AGAIN ran my SS&D -- as usual, it
detected that my Windows Firewal was off as well as, on this occasion,
an instance of Casal Media spyware. Disturbingly (in contrast to what
Super Utilities had found, *that* was *ALL* it detected.

I realize SS&D is free (ironically, I almost sent in a small donation a
few days ago but was too lazy -- now I WON'T) and that my copy of SU
will expire in less than 2 weeks, but JAYSUS!: compared to the *49*
spywares found by SU versus SS&D's pathetic *1* I'd have to say that
SS&D (for me, anyway) although free is virtually WORTHLESS.

I'd like to hear from others who've used/continue to use SS&D -- have
you ever compared it to other spyware killers? Did you find it as
lacking as I did or do you feel confident, based one xperience, in
saying it's compretitive with other anti-spyware apps?

What were the 49? Please post the list..."tracking cookies" are NOT
dangerous....

Imhotep

  • Re: Spyware and Internet Explorer
    ... You don't say what other spyware detection and elimination softwares you've ... You did update Spybot before scanning, ... AdAware has an install routine - run it. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Smiley central
    ... | Smilely central is NOT spyware it is part of fun web products. ... | Why some spyware services may mistake Fun Web Products and its MyWebSearch ... | misinformation on the Web about how spyware detection software works and what ... this classification has already been reversed. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • RE: Spyware, How does Smiley Central spy?
    ... > Smiely central is NOT spyware it is part of fun web products. ... > Why some spyware services may mistake Fun Web Products and its MyWebSearch ... > misinformation on the Web about how spyware detection software works and what ... this classification has already been reversed. ...
  • Re: Smiley central
    ... | Smilely central is NOT spyware it is part of fun web products. ... | Why some spyware services may mistake Fun Web Products and its MyWebSearch ... this classification has already been reversed. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Anti-Spyware
    ... Trend Micro Anti-Spyware is a comprehensive spyware detection and removal ... Trend Micro Anti-Spyware can schedule both history cleanings and supports ...
    (soc.culture.vietnamese)