Re: Why Doesn't Yahoo Use YCHT Anymore?

Sebastian Gottschalk wrote:
Radium wrote:
Hi:

YCHT is the safest chat protocol of Yahoo. YCHT is boot-resistant. I
really miss it.

WTF did Yahoo get rid of YCHT?

YCHT safe and resistant? Whatever you smoked, I want some of it.

Just us a collary: An unencrypted and lousy protocol for the sake of a
two bit company with no experience being able to say "Hey, we also got
an (of course non-interoperable) IM network". Even worse than AOL with
AIM, but still way better than ICQ.

And well, better stop twisting Chat and Instant Messaging.

YCHT has no pm/im ability. However, it is the most secure protocol that
Yahelite used to offer. A boot-resistant code. What more do you want in
chat?

I am kinda ticked off that Yahoo stopped YCHT but continues to use
their other POS protocol that lets anyone get booted.

  • Re: yahoo chat security
    ... Yahoo chat uses a yahoo chat client which runs as an independant ... block out these packets. ... other 3rd party clients available which use the less vulnerable YCHT ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Why Doesnt Yahoo Use YCHT Anymore?
    ... YCHT is the safest chat protocol of Yahoo. ... YCHT safe and resistant? ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Why Doesnt Yahoo Use YCHT Anymore?
    ... YCHT is the safest chat protocol of Yahoo. ... WTF did Yahoo get rid of YCHT? ...
    (alt.computer.security)