Re: want a simple firewall
- From: "David H. Lipman" <DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net>
- Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 00:00:07 GMT
From: "Rick Merrill" <rick0.merrill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
| David H. Lipman wrote:
|>> Got that but it doesn't stop the script kiddies from trying to find theFrom: "Rick Merrill" <rick0.merrill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
|>> password for the "administrator" on the FTP server (they won't take the
|>> hint that there IS NO 'admin."!
| Isn't "giving the password" a simple enough rule?-)
Sounds like you need a FireWall appliance that examines all FTP packets and will block or
reject activity based upon a set of rules.
That's what the FTP Daemon does -- authenticate.
You want something to block the non-wanted people trying to exploit vulnerabilities and
search for flaws.
Otherwise just get a *better* FTP Daemon.
- Prev by Date: Re: HELP URGENT
- Next by Date: Re: Anonymous Proxy Server...
- Previous by thread: Re: want a simple firewall
- Next by thread: Re: want a simple firewall