Re: want a simple firewall = hardware

On Mon, 15 May 2006 08:57:59 -0400, Rick Merrill
<rick0.merrill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Can anyone recommend a hardware solution?

Sure. Almost any old PC with 2 network cards.

Smoothwall Express 2.0 (www.smoothwall.org) or IPCop
(www.IPcop.org) and you'r in business :-)

Note: any old PC means: Pentium I with 64 MB or better :-)

--
Kind regards,
Gerard Bok

  • Re: Smoothwall vs IPcop
    ... Hard to learn but easy to manage but then IPCOP and Smoothwall ... commercial use iptables). ... chris at lowth dot sea oh em. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: IPCop or SmoothWall? Which Is/Will Be Active?
    ... >>I wanted to know if the SmoothWall Freebie version is dead based ... >>version left off, IPCop picked it up. ... > SmoothWall GPL is far from being dead, ... the GPL version 0.99 has still been patched/fixed and there ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Smoothwall
    ... > So you would recommend IPcop over Smoothwall then? ... Definately IPCop ... With SmoothWall you can install the patches and it ... Outgoing mail has been scanned for virus infection and, to the best of my knowledge, is Virus Free. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: IPCop or SmoothWall? Which Is/Will Be Active?
    ... >I wanted to know if the SmoothWall Freebie version is dead based ... >version left off, IPCop picked it up. ... SmoothWall GPL is far from being dead, ... the GPL version 0.99 has still been patched/fixed and there ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Linux Router with Firewall
    ... >> cares to point out where these fees are mentioned, ... > I've never configured ipcop, but you've sparked my curiosity about how ... > it compares to smoothwall in terms of ease of administration. ... reason for the idea of a GPL Linux Firewall Distribution of such ...
    (Fedora)