Re: Jetico Software Firewall (Freeware)?

optikl wrote:
galt_57@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
I had been using Zonealarm free but I would really like to switch to
Jetico. [...]

http://www.firewallleaktester.com/tests_overview.php
http://wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?s=3ac16aa1ec26f9f47a0301ae3...

I am still struggling to figure it out. Ugh.

You could look at other options:

1. Hardening your operating system so that it's not susceptible to
intrusions.

2. Considering an appliance (router, VPN Firewall, etc.)

3. An other PFW that would be easier to set-up and configure.

Yes, thank you. Your item #2 is the driving issue. I did add a hardware
firewall -- and as a result I don't see much need for a software
firewall anymore unless it is capable of helping to associate running
processes with outbound traffic (leak detection). With that in mind my
preliminary investigation seems to indicate that my prior SW firewall
(ZoneAlarm-free) is nearly worthless at leak detection while Jetico is
one of the best for this purpose -- thus my interest.

  • Re: Jetico Software Firewall (Freeware)?
    ... Considering an appliance (router, VPN Firewall, etc.) ... is nearly worthless at leak detection while Jetico is ... The only reason I even have a PFW on my company laptop is because it's company policy to have one when I'm on the road. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Jetico Personal Firewall
    ... >> fwsrv service that consumes 7MB. ... Jetico PFW detected all windows services ... and other free firewalls take up MEGS of Ram.. ... But my Sygate Personal Firewall only takes up about 5 megs of ram on ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Jetico Software Firewall (Freeware)?
    ... Considering an appliance (router, VPN Firewall, etc.) ... processes with outbound traffic (leak detection). ... is nearly worthless at leak detection while Jetico is ... anything wants local network access. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Free software firewalls I have never heard of before
    ... Had problems with sp2 and securepoint ... wasn't satisfied with r-firewall and jetico ... >I was looking for an alternative freeware firewall (I don't like ... > Securepoint Personal Firewall 3.7.1 ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)