Re: Jetico Software Firewall (Freeware)?

galt_57@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
I had been using Zonealarm free but I would really like to switch to
Jetico. To understand why you might take a look at the report here;
(click the view results button);

http://www.firewallleaktester.com/tests_overview.php

The problem is that the Jetico setup is rather tricky to understand. I
found one running discussion here;

http://wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?s=3ac16aa1ec26f9f47a0301ae3...

I am still struggling to figure it out. Ugh.

You could look at other options:

1. Hardening your operating system so that it's not susceptible to intrusions.

2. Considering an appliance (router, VPN Firewall, etc.)

3. An other PFW that would be easier to set-up and configure.

  • Jetico Software Firewall (Freeware)?
    ... I had been using Zonealarm free but I would really like to switch to ... To understand why you might take a look at the report here; ... The problem is that the Jetico setup is rather tricky to understand. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Jetico Software Firewall (Freeware)?
    ... Considering an appliance (router, VPN Firewall, etc.) ... is nearly worthless at leak detection while Jetico is ... The only reason I even have a PFW on my company laptop is because it's company policy to have one when I'm on the road. ...
    (alt.computer.security)