Re: Toolbar Hijacking attempt in progress

I am not as experienced as most of you so bear with me. I turned off my
modem and my router an re-booted. I get the same thing:
"Registry change denied! Registry denied change of 2318CB1=4965-11d4
9818-009027 AF CD4F (category global browser toolbar) based on your
blacklist). That tells me the attack is from a file that has already been
downloaded to my machine and not from an open outside port. Am I correct?

How do I check for open ports?
What do you think of my exporting the current registry, turning off Spybot
and allow the hijacking to take place and then import the saved registry
back?
Thanks for your help!
Allan

It is in a loop and keeps recycling itself. This has gone on now for three
days so it shows no signs of timing out.
"donnie" <donnie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
On Sat, 25 Feb 2006 21:18:52 GMT, "Allan Waghalter"