Re: DesktopX, Windows Blinds Froze XP

D. Spencer Hines wrote:
Install Third-Party Rinky-Dink tweaks and "enhancements" and pay the price
of frequent incompatibility with XP and non-functioning computers.

Why should Microsoft design the OS so all these little fly-by-night
companies can get a free ride and be parasites on the Operating System --
ripping off potential profits for MS as well as ham-stringing the OS with
shabby, shoddy code?

Stardock Corporation? Rinky-Dink? Fly-by-Night? What planet do you
live on, young mister D. Spencer Hines?

I LOVE to see it when these pogues get hoist with their own petars and wind
up with BSOD or frozen screens -- or worse.

The Wages Of Sin & Arrant Foolishness...

PUT the New Features IN the OS.

Further:

If you screwed the pooch and went ahead and put one of these Third Party
timebombs on your system -- DON'T come crying to Microsoft. GO to the site
of the people who sold you the software and get THEM to tell you what's
WRONG. ******

Heh, Heh -- Fat Chance Of That. They don't want to get into the Technical
Support Business. FAR too expensive -- and 'twould cut into those
fly-by-night profits they hope to rip off -- as Freeriders on Microsoft
software.

"im [sic] a chef not a coder." [See Below]

Hilarious!

He's also trying to do this with only 256 MB of RAM.

'Nuff Said.

DSH

Lux et Veritas et Libertas

"brand dub" <brentdub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

I installed Windows Blinds premium not knowing the features were locked
although it practically mirrors the free version. Anyway after trying to
apply a theme and the program froze I uninstalled it and apllied [sic] the
free version and when I applied a theme Winblinds froze again. I
unloaded the theme and reapplied a windowsXP native theme but
after Restart It took 15 minutes for logon.

Hilarious! -- DSH

Icons, taskbar and windows remain frozen, active X and soundcard
are disabled.

I uninstalled the app and did a system restore (resulted as "incomplete"
past the date I deleted the program).

Im [sic] at a loss. this site helps explain how it works but im [sic] a
chef not a coder [sic]

--
Remove the Roman numeral three to reply.

  • Re: DesktopX, Windows Blinds Froze XP
    ... of frequent incompatibility with XP and non-functioning computers. ... Why should Microsoft design the OS so all these little fly-by-night ... apply a theme and the program froze I uninstalled it and apllied the ... free version and when I applied a theme Winblinds froze again. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: DesktopX, Windows Blinds Froze XP
    ... of frequent incompatibility with XP and non-functioning computers. ... Why should Microsoft design the OS so all these little fly-by-night ... version and when I applied a theme Winblinds froze again. ... theme and reapplied a windowsXP native theme but after Restart It took 15 ...
    (alt.computer.security)