Re: Symantec vs. McAfee

Yep...

However, I'm confident they are not the only successful corporation that
does that.

The Marketing Imperative is to force the consumer to upgrade --
continuously -- and then keep him on the bleeding edge of the technology
whenever possible.

Thereby Maximizing Revenue -- and Hopefully Profit.

But Innovation & Schumpeterian Creative Destruction are operative too.

'Nuff Said.

DSH

"Kerodo" <loopback@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

In article <1HMJf.18$2B.582@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, poguemidden@xxxxxxxxxxx
says...

There seem to be SOME indications that vendors of these computer security
suites and others are trying to avoid fixing bugs in their software that
are LESS than crippling and simply tell customers and clients

"You should upgrade to the 2006 version. It has all these new features."
Then they FIX the bugs in the NEW version -- but not the OLD one.

Has anyone else run into that?

DSH

This is a favorite tactic of Symantec...

--
Kerodo

  • Re: Symantec vs. McAfee
    ... suites and others are trying to avoid fixing bugs in their software that are ... LESS than crippling and simply tell customers and clients ... "You should upgrade to the 2006 version. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • XP Home Activation
    ... MS server not available! ... or not we can upgrade ... it's the equivalent to some firm installing a ... >premises and making us, the consumer, pay for it. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: XP Home Activation
    ... but the server still not available. ... > can upgrade ... it's the equivalent to some firm installing a burglar alarm on ... > premises and making us, the consumer, pay for it. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: XP Home Activation
    ... but the server still not available. ... >> not we can upgrade part on our own machines? ... >> I resent that Microsoft make us, the consumer, pay for their own ... it's the equivalent to some firm installing a ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: XP Home Activation
    ... > bigger CPU and a little more RAM. ... > not we can upgrade part on our own machines? ... > I resent that Microsoft make us, the consumer, pay for their own ... it's the equivalent to some firm installing a ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)