Re: Removing Norton

On Thu, 16 Feb 2006 14:51:55 -0800, "Gualtier Malde (Chuck)"
<valacapt@xxxxxxxxx> typed:

I am very pleased with AVG. It's from www.grisoft.com. They have a
free version which is good, but after I'd had it a while I went for the
subscription version. Very good. An update takes seconds. There is
one automatic one a day and then I signed up for their email
notification and I'll get another, or even two more, in a day and take
less than a minute to re-update. Businesslike and very responsive and
helpful.

I have a similar opinion of AVG. I have AVG 7.1 w/firewall and it's
performing well here. I've also had a good experience with NOD32 in the
past as well.

NoSleep.

  • Re: Ask EU: NAV
    ... I'd leave it on until the subscription ran out. ... uninstall NAV and put AVG on instead? ... Buffy: Oh, God! ... Giles! ...
    (uk.media.radio.archers)
  • AVG or KAV
    ... I've been using AVG (paid) version 7 these past two years and have been very ... as it's time to renew my subscription I've been ...
    (alt.comp.anti-virus)
  • Re: Ask EU: NAV
    ... laptop came with it installed and with a free subscription so I thought ... I'd leave it on until the subscription ran out. ... Anyrat know how to convince NAV that this is ... uninstall NAV and put AVG on instead? ...
    (uk.media.radio.archers)
  • Re: is AVG a good virus scanner for XP Home?
    ... Microsoft and Computer Associates made some ... kind of deal and a free version including 1 year subscription is available ... When you run the actual install, you can optionally install both or just the ... >> with infections that either AVG missed or identified but couldn't remove. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers)
  • Re: NAV problem
    ... > from Norton AntiVirus 2003 to AVG but I'm still getting red notices ... > from Symantec that my subscription has expired. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)