Re: Removing Norton

On Thu, 16 Feb 2006 14:51:55 -0800, "Gualtier Malde (Chuck)"
<valacapt@xxxxxxxxx> typed:

I am very pleased with AVG. It's from They have a
free version which is good, but after I'd had it a while I went for the
subscription version. Very good. An update takes seconds. There is
one automatic one a day and then I signed up for their email
notification and I'll get another, or even two more, in a day and take
less than a minute to re-update. Businesslike and very responsive and

I have a similar opinion of AVG. I have AVG 7.1 w/firewall and it's
performing well here. I've also had a good experience with NOD32 in the
past as well.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Ask EU: NAV
    ... I'd leave it on until the subscription ran out. ... uninstall NAV and put AVG on instead? ... Buffy: Oh, God! ... Giles! ...
  • AVG or KAV
    ... I've been using AVG (paid) version 7 these past two years and have been very ... as it's time to renew my subscription I've been ...
  • Re: Ask EU: NAV
    ... laptop came with it installed and with a free subscription so I thought ... I'd leave it on until the subscription ran out. ... Anyrat know how to convince NAV that this is ... uninstall NAV and put AVG on instead? ...
  • Re: is AVG a good virus scanner for XP Home?
    ... Microsoft and Computer Associates made some ... kind of deal and a free version including 1 year subscription is available ... When you run the actual install, you can optionally install both or just the ... >> with infections that either AVG missed or identified but couldn't remove. ...
  • Re: NAV problem
    ... > from Norton AntiVirus 2003 to AVG but I'm still getting red notices ... > from Symantec that my subscription has expired. ...