Re: NSA "telephone monitoring" program

  • Re: if SHA1 and MD5 are cracked...?
    ... which is that both SHA1 and ... > MD5 succumb to attack fairly soon, ... demanding an immediate recall of applications that use either MD5 or ... Theoretically there are two different types of security provided by hash ...
    (comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc)
  • MD5 vs. SHA1: hashed passwords in /etc/master.passwd - can we configure SHA1 as default in /etc/
    ... MD5 seems to be compromised by potential collision attacks. ... hashing passwords for local users on a FreeBSD 7/8 box, ... possible hash algorithms selectable: ... hash algorithms like des, md5, sha1, blf or even sha256. ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: [Newbie] Advice needed regarding SHA0 SHA1 MD5
    ... If you have some stored passwords hashed with md5, don't panic, ... choosing a more modern hash function. ... attacker has to find a string that matches it). ... Sha1 is still what pretty much everyone still uses. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • RE: [fw-wiz] MD5 x SHA-1
    ... Basically there is a greater chance of an attacker being able to add nonce bytes to a modified file to get same hash with MD5 than SHA1. ... this algorythm compared to MD5. ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Re: Best Performance File Compare: MD5/SHA1 or Byte-by-Byte Checking?
    ... SHA1 and MD5 will both require looping through the whole file just to ... generate the hash so in either method you're looping through both ... and assuming that the accuracy/reliability of SHA1 is ... What about MD5? ...