Re: What are the Security Implications of Pay Per Mail

Jim Watt wrote:

On Mon, 06 Feb 2006 11:55:51 -0700, Notan
<notan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

tedrichardson9925@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

AOL and Yahoo plan to allow businesses to bypass their Spam filters.
Will criminal Spam gangs find a way to better target people because of
this?

Does it surprise anyone, that a piece of shit organization like AOL,
would do something like this, for money?

It surprises me. The main thing both have going for themselves is
spam filtering.

I suspect the story is bollocks from someone who does not like
either company.

While AOL and Yahoo might have *incoming* spam filters,
they've done nothing to slow the flow of crap originating
from their users.

Notan

  • Spam Filters Gone Wild
    ... Spam Filters Gone Wild; ... AOL Point to Growing Problem Of Blocking Legitimate Email ... Internet companies are taking more aggressive steps to stop the flow ...
    (comp.dcom.telecom)
  • Re: AOL
    ... Dick stated, ... I was able to solve the problem by getting my ISP to add my ... problem as AOL seems to be ratcheting up their spam filters and ... It's been an ogoing thing with AOL for the past 3 years or so when they ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: What are the Security Implications of Pay Per Mail
    ... AOL and Yahoo plan to allow businesses to bypass their Spam filters. ... Will criminal Spam gangs find a way to better target people because of ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: What are the Security Implications of Pay Per Mail
    ... AOL and Yahoo plan to allow businesses to bypass their Spam filters. ... Will criminal Spam gangs find a way to better target people because of ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: What is an Obituary?
    ... Google (surprise, surprise!)? ... they might start to apply spam filters. ... Ever report spam to Google? ...
    (soc.genealogy.computing)