"Notan" <notan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> skrev i meddelandet
news:43E3691A.8A838A4@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:

"Notan" <notan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> skrev i meddelandet
news:43E130E3.BEC61D44@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
nemo_outis wrote:

<snip>

I'm with ya.

I do weekly full system backups to a hard drive, incremental daily
backups to the same hard drive and, once a week, copy my full system
backup to a portable drive, which, in turn, is stored in a fireproof
safe.

Notan

What do you mean by "in a fireproof safe"?
A fireproof save drive?

After copying my full system backup (with a few incremental backups)
to a portable drive, I disconnect the portable drive and place it in
a fireproof safe.

How much does a fireproof safe cost?

--
Luigi Donatello Asero
https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/europa/italien/italien-ligurien/la-spezia/riomaggiore/boende-i-ligurien-sovrum-1.php

  • Re: Backup
    ... I do weekly full system backups to a hard drive, ... What do you mean by "in a fireproof safe"? ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Backup
    ... I do weekly full system backups to a hard drive, ... What do you mean by "in a fireproof safe"? ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Backup
    ... I do weekly full system backups to a hard drive, ... What do you mean by "in a fireproof safe"? ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Backup
    ... I do weekly full system backups to a hard drive, ... What do you mean by "in a fireproof safe"? ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: AIX system died... What is the best way to restore?
    ... and you can write your system backups over the ... network to a disk image or tape, then reinstall from them directly over ... you can write the backups to a local disk drive ... the backup disk (you can also use local tape of course). ...
    (comp.unix.aix)