Re: Backup

On Wed, 01 Feb 2006 12:00:24 GMT, "Luigi Donatello Asero"
<jaggillarfotboll@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>"Gerard Bok" <bok118@xxxxxxxxx> skrev i meddelandet
>> On Wed, 01 Feb 2006 10:02:08 GMT, "Luigi Donatello Asero"
>> <jaggillarfotboll@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> >I mean, does Symantec have an e-mailadress I can write to for this kind
>of
>> >questions?
>>
>> Yes, they have. And they charge it to you as an 'incident'.
>> Expect around 30 euro ex tax. (Some US $ 35)
>
>Do you mean that they charge a customer to give information about a product
>which one might want to buy?

They provide free information on their website.
If you require personal attention, they charge it as an incident.

>I need backup for several things, website files and
> book-keeping software for example.

In that case, it is probably wise to make sure that your data is
not stored on the same partition as your OS.
Say, Windows on C:, your data on D:

>> Rule #3: determine your goal.
>> Retreive all data, no matter how ? Continue your business
>> operation with minimal disruption ? Provide audit data for future
>> use ?etc.
>Continue my business operation with minimal disruption and backup data in a
>safe way

OK. Rule #3a.
Match your requirements with your budget.
Running a shadow PC, with automatic data replication from your
main PC usually proves cost effective just after the first
incident :-)

--
Kind regards,
Gerard Bok

  • Re: Snipers take pot shots at children
    ... Five teenagers were arrested on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm, soon after the incident on Wednesday, July 23, but two have now been released without charge. ...
    (uk.rec.scouting)
  • Re: racism charge
    ... incident. ... McPherson the police were issued with new ... offence do you say I might have committed". ... I think the likely charge would be under the Public Order Act 1986 s18 as ...
    (uk.legal)
  • Re: How does one report errors in common code to the WinCE team?
    ... Is there a way to determine whether you got charged for the incident or a way ... you should have no problem with them wanting to charge ... the variable szSprintf is not initialized. ... directly by KITLOutputDebugString, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsce.embedded)
  • Re: Deputy now suspended after dumping man from wheelchair
    ... Jail on a charge of fleeing and attempting to elude a police ... warrant for charges stemming from a traffic incident on October 25, ... 2007] and that caused him to have the warrent out for his arrest, but, ...
    (alt.support.mult-sclerosis)