Re: Google and the government

Sorry,try the search engine!
"kwest" <kwestin@xxxxxxxxx>
??????:1137902798.722732.46220@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>I was just wondering about something regarding the whole Google and
> Bush administration issue. Is there a way for the government to track
> what people are searching for without going through Google records.
> Something similar to the way that China's government controls for
> example? One would assume that this would be the next step in trying to
> "protect" us...or since I am the paranoid type am wondering if
> something like this could already be in effect.

  • Risks Digest 27.64
    ... ACM FORUM ON RISKS TO THE PUBLIC IN COMPUTERS AND RELATED SYSTEMS ... Chinese hackers attacked crucial government election website (CNN) ... Confirming the MOOC Myth ... NSA Uses Google Cookies to Pinpoint Targets for Hacking (Soltani/Peterson/ ...
    (comp.risks)
  • Re: Understanding Political Science
    ... the flagging Google News Group 'Political Forum'. ... unjustified and hurtful actions of their devil-affiliated employee. ... what is said is untrue and hurtful, the Constitution gives no ... people argue about government and about economic and social issues, ...
    (sci.physics)
  • Re: U.S. Obtains Internet Users Search Records
    ... Google itself. ... NOTHING to do with government investigations. ... policy can be found on Google's website and discussions of the policy ... Bush administration when it comes to spying on U.S. citizens. ...
    (misc.consumers)
  • [Article] U.S. Limits Demands on Google
    ... on Tuesday that he intended to approve at least part of that request. ... The government first subpoenaed Web data from Google last August, ... At a hearing in Federal District Court here, Judge James Ware said ... The government is now requesting a sample of 50,000 Web site addresses ...
    (alt.internet.search-engines)
  • Re: 3 evil axes of humanity: Bush, Google, sectarianism and children
    ... Booglebush Google, threat psycho of totalitarian scale Orwell- ... cultural regards, all culture, villages eliminated for a government ... Google informant and power psychopath. ...
    (sci.astro)