Re: Google and the government

kwest wrote:

> I was just wondering about something regarding the whole Google and Bush
> administration issue. Is there a way for the government to track what
> people are searching for without going through Google records. Something

Sure. All they'd have to do is "tap" every line into Google.

But just making Google hand over the info is a lot less expensive in both
time and effort.

> similar to the way that China's government controls for example? One would
> assume that this would be the next step in trying to "protect" us...or

The "next" step? they're already doing this. Some people say we should
impeach out President because of it.

> since I am the paranoid type am wondering if something like this could
> already be in effect.

Watch the news. Assume that you will not hear about everything the
government does. ;)

  • Risks Digest 27.64
    ... ACM FORUM ON RISKS TO THE PUBLIC IN COMPUTERS AND RELATED SYSTEMS ... Chinese hackers attacked crucial government election website (CNN) ... Confirming the MOOC Myth ... NSA Uses Google Cookies to Pinpoint Targets for Hacking (Soltani/Peterson/ ...
    (comp.risks)
  • Re: Understanding Political Science
    ... the flagging Google News Group 'Political Forum'. ... unjustified and hurtful actions of their devil-affiliated employee. ... what is said is untrue and hurtful, the Constitution gives no ... people argue about government and about economic and social issues, ...
    (sci.physics)
  • The math.
    ... claim that it's to help the government catch terrorists. ... Getting class action lawsuits out of state courts and into ... Google etc for access to "his pipes". ... Okay, which Bush crony, or which member of his "base" wants to ...
    (alt.politics)
  • [Article] U.S. Limits Demands on Google
    ... on Tuesday that he intended to approve at least part of that request. ... The government first subpoenaed Web data from Google last August, ... At a hearing in Federal District Court here, Judge James Ware said ... The government is now requesting a sample of 50,000 Web site addresses ...
    (alt.internet.search-engines)
  • Re: 3 evil axes of humanity: Bush, Google, sectarianism and children
    ... Booglebush Google, threat psycho of totalitarian scale Orwell- ... cultural regards, all culture, villages eliminated for a government ... Google informant and power psychopath. ...
    (sci.astro)