Re: new spam ?

From: "Jim Watt" <jimwatt@xxxxxxxxxx>

| I seem to be seeing a new format of crapmail which contains two words
| and some HTML like
|
| IMG alt="" hspace=0
| src="cid:000501c61c81$cdc61eb0$4f3008c8@your22ca86d5c4
|
| along with a .gif
|
| any ideas on whether this is spam or some kind of virus related crap?

Spam

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

  • Re: Bogus Email- Need help to do detective work
    ... See more about evil HTML below. ... Caution with the script sections... ... the message past many spam tools. ... Then that page will present a form populated in many cases with images ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: OT (?): Are HTML emails unsafe
    ... Subject: OT: Are HTML emails unsafe ... For years now I've configured my mail client to not ... don't open spam, and don't load graphics by default. ... I have a Bayesian filter that I've trained, which adds a header that I can filter on ...
    (bit.listserv.ibm-main)
  • Re: Help with WWW::Mechanize - Next Question
    ... What this will do is return to me HTML source with a list of work tickets and ... to pull out email addresses of any work ticket created as a result of spam. ... automatically turned into a user account. ... need to sift through all the HTML tags just to get to the email addresses since ...
    (perl.beginners)
  • Re: Help with WWW::Mechanize - Next Question
    ... What this will do is return to me HTML source with a list of work ... automatically turned into a user account. ... With the amount of spam ... All those spam tickets are assigned to me so I can eliminate them and ...
    (perl.beginners)
  • Re: MacBook Air pwned in 2 minutes
    ... So why don't more people use plain text emailers? ... My spam tends to plain text with attachments - gifs usually. ... HTML and always has been from the day I started to get spam. ... Fortunately many mail clients fold back to text as long as no ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)