I also suggest Ethereal from http://www.ethereal.com/

tcpdump from http://www.tcpdump.org/ will alow to capture
data in a file for further analysis

Google is also your friend :
http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=free+packet+capture+programs&meta=

Maxime Ducharme

"Edw. Peach" <bogus_addie@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:brtrs1pr7k5fbocil89ns3002k4tvscdul@xxxxxxxxxx
> I'd like to try a packet sniffer program and am looking for something
> free and easy to use. I found two online: 1) Plastic Sniffer, 2) IP
> Sniffer.
>
> Any feedback or recommendations?

  • Re: AppleVision video?
    ... Does it support audio (since I intend to capture AppleVision)? ... Google is your friend, lim. ...
    (comp.sys.apple2)
  • RE: That dont look good!
    ... > the capture stopped. ... there are entries in the firewall log ... >first and third times I had the sniffer going. ...
    (Focus-Linux)
  • Re: Can trojan bypass sniffer?
    ... a sniffer is designed to capture ALL traffic originating from within ... if the sniffer has been configured to only ... capture traffic of a certain protocol and the trojan in question is designed ... > frames for emails to make sure that I do not have ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Intrushield vs. ISS once more...
    ... networks the problem is building a cost effective solution. ... remember going out and getting the latest packet sniffer some time ago. ... It was the latest 10 Gigabit Ethernet Sniffer that captured less then ... the capture - which was REALLY frustrating. ...
    (Focus-IDS)
  • Re: Sniffer information to track LSASS activity.
    ... > I have a sniffer capturing packets sent to this machine, however, since ... > DC also provides DNS and WINS functionality besides being a DC, ... A good sniffer will let you write a filter on what traffic you capture ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)