Re: Strange starup item

From: "Lars" <powder.monger@xxxxxxxxx>

| Would it REALLY not report it to the AV companies? a virii writer could
| use that for testing really easy then...

Virus writers often submit the "viruses (not viri or virii as there is no terminology) to
virus companies. Virus Total does submit new samples to participating companies. Albeit,
slowly.

Please read the following on the plural of virus as these uRLs explain the subject matter
far better than I could expect to express it.

http://spl.haxial.net/viruses.html
http://homepages.tesco.net/~J.deBoynePollard/FGA/plural-of-virus.html

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

  • Re: igotskillz sends ramashiva a virus
    ... > please report me to yahoo ... Someone sent me a virus. ... Prev by Date: ...
    (rec.gambling.poker)
  • Re: Strange starup item
    ... a virii writer could ... >virus companies. ... Well, both authors claim, that virus in Latin lacks a plural ... In Latin the plural of virus reads viri. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Strange starup item
    ... >>no terminology) to virus companies. ... In Latin the plural of virus reads viri. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Just a minor screw up by the WHO
    ... a distinct chance of spawning the doomsday virus outbreak prematurely. ... Either via international wild bird flights or other less clear means of importation. ... Officials spooked by bird flu mix-up Public health officials in Europe are taking steps to make sure there's no repeat of a recent incident in which the lethal H5N1 virus ... GLOBE - Scientists who analyzed 67 H5N1 avian influenza viruses from across Africa report that the viruses fall into three distinct sublineages, ...
    (rec.martial-arts)