Re: spybot report

In message <dpc8af$17p$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Emin <ehalimov@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes
Nospam wrote:
hi,
 im new to windows xp sp2
 spybot came up with the following.
 if i delete these two items will that cause me any problems.
 i am usng the windows xp firewall in the windows security centre and
norton av software.
   Windows Security Center.FirewallDisableNotify: Settings (Registry
change, nothing done)
  HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security
Center\FirewallDisableNotify!=dword:0
 Windows Security Center.AntiVirusDisableNotify: Settings (Registry
change, nothing done)
  HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security
Center\AntiVirusDisableNotify!=dword:0
  --- Spybot - Search & Destroy version: 1.4  (build: 20050523) ---
 thanks for any advice

You shouldn't erase those. These entries tell the Security Center not to
warn you when your antivirus is turned off, and that's ok as long as your Norton protection notifies you instead. However, if that is not the case, or you are NOT using AV protection, you should check for malware because many viruses disable these notifications.

Anyway, in Spybot - Search & Destroy, if you select this entry and expand the tab on the right, you will get advice on this. If you are sure notification have NOT been disabled by mistake or evil software,
it's a good idea to tell spybot not to show you these entries in the future. You can do that by right-clicking an entry, and selecting the
appropriate option.

Thanks for the info

--
Nospam

  • RE: Memory Full Problem
    ... I ran Spybot Search and Destroy after updating and imunizing my computer. ... connections through the Windows Firewall. ... Product: Windows Security Center ... Internet Explorer 6 with Windows XP Home Edition SP 2. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers)
  • Re: Windows XP starts slow.
    ... When I start windows I open the ... probably legitimately accessing the internet. ... You also might benefit from a virus and spyware check. ... Spybot S&D analyse your startup apps lists. ...
  • Re: ddraw.dll error followed by iexplore closedown
    ... out of safe mode and ran all my usual protect programs (CCleaner, ... CWShredder,AdAwareSE,Spyware Blaster, SpyBot again, PC Bug Doctor). ... Windows 2000, Windows 2000 Advanced Server, ... >> How to Repair Windows 98 ...
  • Re: Blue Screen Crashes on XP install
    ... You could uninstall World of Warcraft and Spybot and then try running ... Install and run HijackThis: ... My original help request indicated that I'd tried a repair via recovery ... How to Perform a Windows XP Repair Install ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Spyware From Microsoft?
    ... to run a scan with your antivirus program. ... When was the last time you ran Spybot? ... report if alerts that are generated by the Windows Security ... your AV program asking if you want it to stop Windows Security ...