Re: Digital Content Security Act

"Wayne" <4bu53@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:43aa346a$0$14678$5a62ac22@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Imhotep wrote:
>> Well, the movie Nazi's are trying it again...
>>
>> ..."Congress is leaving a special gift under the tree for Hollywood's
>> film
>> industry. Just before closing for the holidays, legislators introduced a
>> new proposal designed to curb redistribution of movies.The Digital
>> Transition Content Security Act would embed anticopying technology into
>> the
>> next generation of digital video products. If it makes its way from
>> Capitol
>> Hill to the Oval Office and becomes law, the measure will outlaw the
>> manufacture or sale of electronic devices that convert analog video
>> signals
>> into digital video signals, effective one year from its enactment.
>> PC-based
>> tuners and digital video recorders are listed among the devices."
>>
>> http://politics.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=05/12/22/0123210&from=rss
>>
>> Imhotep
>
> There I was thinking that MS were bad for stifling innovation.

  • Re: Digital Content Security Act
    ... Imhotep wrote: ... Just before closing for the holidays, legislators introduced a new proposal designed to curb redistribution of movies.The Digital Transition Content Security Act would embed anticopying technology into the next generation of digital video products. ... If it makes its way from Capitol Hill to the Oval Office and becomes law, the measure will outlaw the manufacture or sale of electronic devices that convert analog video signals into digital video signals, effective one year from its enactment. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Digital Content Security Act
    ... > ..."Congress is leaving a special gift under the tree for Hollywood's film ... > manufacture or sale of electronic devices that convert analog video signals ... > into digital video signals, effective one year from its enactment. ...
    (comp.security.ssh)