Re: pc takeover

"Moe Trin" <ibuprofin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:slrndps5cm.jk3.ibuprofin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> On Mon, 12 Dec 2005, in the Usenet newsgroup alt.computer.security, in
article
> <fgnrp1p6jrhsvin02f7dikjkt3hs4006h4@xxxxxxx>, Jim Watt wrote:
>
> >when I owned a car I did maintain it - it was an Anglia,
> >it did not have anything electronic to complicate life, not
> >even a radio.
>
> and it had Lucas electrics to help.

Help?!? Probably the bit that needed the most maintenance ;o)

"Lucas, Prince of Darkness", I believe they were known as in the States; I
think that my worst experience was with a waterproof plug for some electric
windows - used to hold about 100cc.

<snip>

> >and you tell that to kids and three yorkshiremen ...
>
> They'd never believe it.

Aye.

H1K

  • Re: The REAL Hitler on the World Stage
    ... American cars are next, and European cars third, with the biggest ... Lucas denies having invented darkness. ... I haven't in truth had that much experience of Lucas electrics. ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Re: New Milwaukee sliding compound miter saw?
    ... Our Triumph cars also suffered from the worst electrics. ... flicker, go out, the car stall for a few hunderd yards, then fire back ... of thousands of miles in vehicles with Lucas electrics throughout. ... year, every year since 1982 and other than points and brush changes, ...
    (rec.woodworking)
  • Re: New Milwaukee sliding compound miter saw?
    ... headlights flicker, go out, the car stall for a few hunderd yards, ... of thousands of miles in vehicles with Lucas electrics throughout. ... The lamps worke even better one I swapped them for a set of Bosch and the ignition became a never-fail setup once I introduced my Healey to a colonial aftermarket upgrade. ...
    (rec.woodworking)
  • Re: New Milwaukee sliding compound miter saw?
    ... Hmmm "winter layup?" ... flicker, go out, the car stall for a few hunderd yards, then fire back ... of thousands of miles in vehicles with Lucas electrics throughout. ...
    (rec.woodworking)