Re: Where is the IE zero day exploit in the news...

Imhotep <imhotep@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in

> I think the point here is that home users (who usually are the people that
> get crewed more often than not) deserve to be warned that using IE right
> now is very risky. Frankly MS OWES it to the home users...For example,
they
> could easily post the news on their site...or popup a window when a
> windowsupdate is kicked off. But then again, they really do not care much.

Regardless of the methods used to make people aware of this many people are
clueless. People that are concerned about computer security have already
taken the precautions to prevent this and the ones that don't are difficult
to help.

Microsoft has done the following:

http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/online/browsing_safety.mspx
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/advisory/911302.mspx

  • Re: Where is the IE zero day exploit in the news...
    ... could easily post the news on their site...or popup a window when a ... Warning home users about a bug that is unlikely to hit them and for which there is no patch, when there are bigger things for home users to worry about, won't do anything but cause panic and FUD. ... The various other security companies that make their living on recycling security alerts to techies haven't been raising the alarm, and these are companies that are not always friendly to Microsoft or vulnerable to bribes. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: The importance of Securing Your Home Computer
    ... video gaming cheat sites, and other inappropriate sites. ... port forwarding to get some thinks working is quite useful for clueless ... I find that clueless people think the Internet consists of browsing and email, ... I also find that most home users are incapable of disabling unnecessary ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: The importance of Securing Your Home Computer
    ... What a hassle. ... port forwarding to get some thinks working is quite useful for clueless ... I find that clueless people think the Internet consists of browsing and email, ... I also find that most home users are incapable of disabling unnecessary ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)