Re: anonymous surfing

>Winged wrote:
> The concept of "off shore" is a total sham. Treaties and agreements
> between countries can make obtaining evidence from another jurisdiction
> easier than obtaining that same information locally.

> My exp has found traveling across various jurisdictions "can" be very
> problematic. Especially for countries in br, ph, ru and ch. While I can

>>Your "experience" sucks. Look the subject of MLATS up in recent AP/APAS
>>debates to find links and cites from the legislations that make gathering
>>evidence across borders a matter of an attorney filing the right form. And
>>a link TO that form. And cites showing how they must comply if possible.
>>And cites showing that it's FAR more possible in many jurisdictions than
>>it is in the US.

Posted by a lawyer such as yourself I asume. Any treaty has a process
that can take some time unless your a serious concern.

>>The US is actually one of the most protective countries when it comes to
>>your privacy. Some places are absolutely horrible, and SOME places make
>>logging your activity MANDATORY. But bashing the US is a popular thing
>>these days, so the snake oil peddlers jump all over it.

Some privacy outfits simply don't log and shut down a server if thier
forced to, they have enough of them, besides no personally identifying
info on the server remember.

> not argue in general, the statement is true, there are a number of
> jurisdictional boundaries that make tracking very difficult. If one were
> striving for anonymity one would not use the same cascade in the same
> order twice which further adds complexity.

> Additionally when one does a cascade over multiple routers across multiple
> boundaries, it does make the anonymous issue more complex.

>>That might be true, but then these scam artists are claiming that if you
>>use their SAME servers over and over they're "completely anonymous"
>>because the server is in Hong Kong and you're not. Neither are they, by
>>the way. Which is good for them but REAL bad for you.

It's kinda funny, but one of them just explained not to long ago how
the server is secured,
aside from not having any of your info on it. Look through alt.privacy
or google it, or just come back and troll, it's what you do best!

> Might want to be careful about cascading through Saudi Arabia, they might
> be allowed to extradite you and penalty is death by beheading...strange
> for a country with no copyright restrictions.

Lol, no I know has a server there, lol

>>You might wan to be careful about cascading through Hong Kong, where any
>>official can confiscate or monitor your communications on a whim, with no
>>warrant at all. And were most activity is logged because it HAS to be.

Not all do it, they will move the server, no info on it about you
anyway, remember?

>>You might want to be careful about cascading through any EU member nation,
>>where some activity MUST be logged by law. Where it's getting even worse
>>almost every day.

No privacy service has had a problem there yet where thier customers
are concerned.

>>You MIGHT want to be careful about choosing any country to trust your
>>anonymity and privacy to before you have a single CLUE exactly what the
>>laws are in that country.

How does it go, dito

No more for me thanks, I don't get a thrill out of replying to nym
hopping trolls,
you should worry more about black boxes pal.

  • Re: anonymous surfing
    ... >> between countries can make obtaining evidence from another jurisdiction ... Especially for countries in br, ph, ru and ch. ... > info on the server remember. ... >>>You might wan to be careful about cascading through Hong Kong, ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: anonymous surfing
    ... Especially for countries in br, ph, ru and ch. ... And cites showing that it's FAR more possible in many jurisdictions than ... You might wan to be careful about cascading through Hong Kong, ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Integrating 3 DC into 1 and 2 replication servers
    ... First off you had best check with your countries rules to make sure you ... I have a current network configuration where I have 4 domain controllers ... When I set up the VPN, I want to set the main office Windows 2003 Server ... machine as the main Active Directory and Domain Controller. ...
  • Re: New usenet hierarchy proposal
    ... I could imagine, that in many countries, where the traffic is ... that experienced with usenet, the msnews.microsoft.com- ... two currently favourized options in the german vb-group, ... server and group that already exists whereever they are located; ...
  • Re: anonymous surfing
    ... >>> between countries can make obtaining evidence from another jurisdiction ... Especially for countries in br, ph, ru and ch. ... >> info on the server remember. ... of FUD's and trolls for two! ...
    (alt.computer.security)