Re: Truecrypt 4.1

From: Ari Silverstein (abcarisilversteinn_at_yahoo.comxyz)
Date: 11/29/05

Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 13:27:44 -0500

On 29 Nov 2005 15:18:02 GMT, nemo_outis wrote:

>> Perhaps where you live but in the USA, gross negligence is most often
>> interpreted as unwaivable.
>
> Gross negligence? We've now leapt from Borky's merely silly negligence to
> the patent absurdity of gross negligence, have we?

Nice catch.

<rolling eyes>

> And my point remains, trenchant as ever, despite you leapfrogging over it:
> until you establish a duty of care (and the required standard) it is more
> than a little premature to speak of negligence - any form of negligence.

And you would be wrong, leapfrog that.

--
Drop the alphabet for email

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Copyright again ... potentially a serious problem.
    ... and avoided would have prevented the accident or failure. ... 'Negligence' has a specific legal definition and I would leave it to ... "Gross negligence" if demonstrated can elevate what might ... Involuntary?in the commission of an unlawful act, ...
    (rec.photo.digital)
  • Re: Copyright again ... potentially a serious problem.
    ... 'Negligence' has a specific legal definition and I would leave it to ... "Gross negligence" if demonstrated can elevate what might ... Involuntary?in the commission of an unlawful act, ...
    (rec.photo.digital)
  • Re: Quick question on boarding agreement indemnity
    ... horrible happens (he runs out and causes a car accident or something), ... Only in that you would not be able to recover his value from them. ... Besides, as Jane observed, gross negligence generally cannot be waived ...
    (rec.equestrian)
  • WOLFI AND GONZO, SCANDAL AFTER SCANDAL...
    ... negligence and possible involvement on 9-11 ... lies for war ... gross negligence during katrina ...
    (alt.politics)