Re: Weird..

From: David H. Lipman (DLipman~nospam~_at_Verizon.Net)
Date: 11/29/05

Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 16:51:28 GMT

From: "ToYKillAS" <vmlinuz@tuxfamily.org>

| yesterday i open a .jpg posted on a channel on irc
| then i had a window ask me or not to reboot the system (windows 2000
| sp4) to take in count the new changes
|
| today when i turn on the computer
| all the web site leads to a "fake" google.com
| with this code in source http://217.117.55.52/damn.txt
| i can't surf anymore, with any explorers
| ideas ?
|
| thx

For non-viral malware...

Please download, install and update the following software...

* Ad-aware SE v1.06
  http://www.lavasoft.de/
  http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

* SpyBot Search and Destroy v1.4
  http://security.kolla.de/

After the software is updated, I suggest scanning the system in Safe Mode.

I also suggest downloading, installing and updating BHODemon for any Browser Helper Objects
that may be on the PC.

* BHODemon
  http://www.definitivesolutions.com/bhodemon.htm

For viral malware...

* Download MULTI_AV.EXE from the URL --

Choose; Unzip
Choose; Close

Execute; C:\AV-CLS\StartMenu.BAT

This will bring up the initial menu of choices and should be executed in Normal Mode.
This way all the components can be downloaded from each AV vendor's web site.
The choices are; Sophos, Trend, McAfee, Kaspersky, Exit this menu and Reboot the PC.

file.

Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Massive problem with Windows 2000 and my computer
    ... Reboot your system when ... After doing so, download ... > I went into safe mode and removed all of the "Windows Hot ... presumably because I touched the windows updates. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • Re: MIE Add/remove programs
    ... You may already have a virus/spyware hijack ... download the Stinger from here and run it to make sure that A-V-disabling ... Reboot to Safe Mode and run CWShredder - to remove variants of the ...
  • Re: Homepage has been hijacked & registry has been changed
    ... You said to run all programs offline in safe mode and show ... Then you said to reboot & run them again. ... did you want me to download About Buster? ... > Download Registrar Lite 2.0, ...
  • Re: Windows Trojan
    ... And I clicked for reboot the computer. ... My PC restart instead of running in safe mode. ... > FireWall to allow it to download the needed AV vendor related files. ... > This will bring up the initial menu of choices and should be executed in Normal Mode. ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: Anyone seen these possible virus Drivers?
    ... On the attempt to reboot, Windows got a driver ... Please download, install and update the following software... ... I suggest scanning the system in Safe Mode. ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)