Re: Ban from website

From: nemo_outis (abc_at_xyz.com)
Date: 11/15/05

Date: 15 Nov 2005 14:43:02 GMT

"Ms m" <mmffffm@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in
news:cTjef.5782$Gz1.2797@newsfe3-win.ntli.net:

> Can anyone throw light on how i can get banned from a games website.
> Someone said my ip can be banned but even if i take my pc somewhere
> else and use it, it still is not allowed to participate. I even reset
> my pc to factory conditions and still no joy. I am sure the answer
> lies in the machine itself but i was under the impression once it was
> restored like it came out the factory no information was held on it,
> advice would be appreciated

I know little about gaming, but your computer has a great number of
distinctive features - some or all of which could be transmitted for
"fingerprinting." Examples of "hard" or "semi-hard" info include the MAC
address of your NIC card, and the serial numbers of your hard drives.
"Soft" data includes your browser and OS versions, cookies, etc.

Regards,