Re: L2TP, PPTP or SSH

From: Nick (psstcenter_at_shaw.ca)
Date: 11/12/05

    Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2005 04:08:07 GMT

    "Imhotep" <Imhotep@nospam.net> wrote in message
    news:TrmdnTOMBtHyo-jeRVn-tQ@adelphia.com...
    > Nick wrote:
    >
    > > Can someone, please, help me answering the following question:
    > >
    > > Which tunneling protocol only works on IP networks?
    > >
    > > L2TP
    > >
    > > PPTP
    > >
    > > SSH
    > >

    > > Thanks in advance!
    >
    > Do you mean which one can only be used to transport/tunnel IP traffic?
    Don't
    > you?
    >
    > Imhotep

    Yes. It's question 6 at:
    http://www.braindumpcentral.com/displayDump.aspx?idTestName=123

    • Re: PPTP and VPN connection not compatible?
      ... tunneling protocol. ... handshake instead of password authorization to make the remote Mac hard to ... If I could use SSH -- it looks so much better than PPTP -- I'd use it. ...
      (comp.sys.mac.system)
    • L2TP, PPTP or SSH
      ... Which tunneling protocol only works on IP networks? ... L2TP ... PPTP ... SSH ...
      (alt.computer.security)
    • Re: L2TP, PPTP or SSH
      ... > Which tunneling protocol only works on IP networks? ... > PPTP ... > SSH ...
      (alt.computer.security)
    • Re: PPTP over SSH?
      ... I'm trying to get PPTP working over SSH. ... >default PPTP port). ... >I'm guessing this is because PPTP uses GRE rather than TCP. ...
      (uk.comp.os.linux)
    • Re: SSH & typical corporate network use policies?
      ... In large (read paranoid) organizations, it is not uncommon to find very ... little 'net access. ... Telnet, SSH, FTP, and external NNTP are usually prohibited. ... Specializing in Wired and Wireless Networks ...
      (comp.security.firewalls)