L2TP, PPTP or SSH

From: Nick (psstcenter_at_shaw.ca)
Date: 11/11/05

Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 19:05:29 GMT

Can someone, please, help me answering the following question:

Which tunneling protocol only works on IP networks?

L2TP

PPTP

SSH

Thanks in advance!

Relevant Pages

  • Re: L2TP, PPTP or SSH
    ... >> Which tunneling protocol only works on IP networks? ... >> PPTP ... >> SSH ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: L2TP, PPTP or SSH
    ... > Which tunneling protocol only works on IP networks? ... > PPTP ... > SSH ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: VPN server
    ... PPTP is encrypted, you can use L2TP without certificates. ... You can use a pre-shared key instead of a certificate for L2TP/IPSec ... Well you have to configure the RRAS VPN service (see buiilt-in Help* or ...
  • Re: PPTP over SSH?
    ... I'm trying to get PPTP working over SSH. ... >default PPTP port). ... >I'm guessing this is because PPTP uses GRE rather than TCP. ...
    (uk.comp.os.linux)
  • Re: Which is better PPTP or L2PT
    ... Pptp is not as secure as l2tp but it may be secure enough. ... l2tp requires the use of computer certificates and will not work over a NAT ... the internet can try to hack your VPN server because computer authentication ...