Re: M$ Windows XP Professional Bugging Device?

From: Imhotep (Imhotep_at_nospam.net)
Date: 11/11/05

Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 21:37:50 -0500

Hairy One Kenobi wrote:

> "Imhotep" <Imhotep@nospam.net> wrote in message
>> Hairy One Kenobi wrote:
>> > "Imhotep" <Imhotep@nospam.net> wrote in message

>> > functions',
>> > Magnetic

>> > Miaow!
>> >
>> > Or do you *really* consider word-wrapping (what actually appears to be
>> > a misapprehension on the author's part between cursor position and
>> > scrolling) to be a major source of Identity Theft?
>
>> You really are a strange person....but what the hell, at least you're not
>> boring....
>
> Nice to know that there's a plus to being "me" ;o)
>
> 'Course, you're not saying that you didn't actually /read/ the article you
> posted..?*
>
> I personally believe that it was intentially amusing - after all,
> word-wrap and file systems aren't exactly spying mechanisms. But it's a
> godo way to get your viewpoint across, at least from a UK standpoint.
>
> H1K
>
> * That's not actually a /minus/ unless you said or implied you did. New
> is. Worked in the field for long enough!

The article was funny, you are correct. The author also writes well. But the
premise is serious. I do believe that there is much more hidden in their
code then we will ever know. As I said before, look at the US anti-trust
case. The first judge was about to carve that company in two. Then all of a
sudden, he was replaced with a Pro Windows judge resulting in a slap on the
wrist for MS. You have to admit that was a pretty strange move by the US
Gov. Honestly, think of it like this. As I said before, if you were working
for the CIA, NSA, etc what would be one of the highest things on your wish
list? How about a backdoor in an OS that has 90 something percent of the
market include foreign countries, foreign banks, dictators, etc??? If you
could get away with it would you /not/ do it?

Imhotep