Re: Weird Logins

From: nemo_outis (abc_at_xyz.com)
Date: 11/10/05

Date: 10 Nov 2005 15:15:56 GMT

"asdf" <asdf@asdf.com> wrote in news:1NDcf.68289$rE2.11111@fe10.lga:

> one of our users is complaining that someone is loging in to her
> computer. when she leaves she locks her computer but sometimes when
> she comes back it is unlocked. Noone else knows her password. Even if
> i it was reset through active
> directory it would show since then she would know that someone changed
> it. To me that leaves only one option and that is that someone has
> installed a keylogger
> like spector to get her password. System is running Symantec Corporate
> Antivirus 9.1
> but those keylogger have a way of avoiding detection. What are other
> things that could
> be causing this. What are other ways of troubleshooting this problem.
>
> thanx a million for all the responses.

You don't say which version of Micropsoft Windows -on some the keyboard
lock can be bypasssed and awakened by inserting, for instance, a CD (if
autorun is enabled).

Regards,

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Weird Logins
    ... when she leaves she locks her computer but sometimes when ... Noone else knows her password. ... > but those keylogger have a way of avoiding detection. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Weird Logins
    ... one of our users is complaining that someone is loging in to her computer. ... when she leaves she locks her computer but sometimes when she comes back ... but those keylogger have a way of avoiding detection. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Weird Logins
    ... one of our users is complaining that someone is loging in to her computer. ... when she leaves she locks her computer but sometimes when she comes back ... but those keylogger have a way of avoiding detection. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: Weird Logins
    ... > one of our users is complaining that someone is loging in to her computer. ... > when she leaves she locks her computer but sometimes when she comes back ... > but those keylogger have a way of avoiding detection. ... change the local administrator password. ...
    (alt.computer.security)