Brazil Starts Deployment of Low-Cost KDE Computers

From: Imhotep (Imhotep_at_nospam.net)
Date: 11/09/05

Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2005 00:09:05 -0500

"A new initiative by the Brazillian government will see low cost KDE based
computers on sale throughout the country from next week. The Computers for
All scheme will bring "cheap and accessible" computers following a recent
law cutting taxes and encouraging affordable financing for low income
buyers of computers preinstalled with Free Software operating systems.
Several companies are involved in the scheme with most using KDE desktops."

Imhotep

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Another paddle-game idea: something like "The Act"
    ... computers, they all used 4. ... Anyway the scheme can be just about ... from atomic level to light years with 1 part in 127 accuracy. ... the color registers there is time to do some serious stuffing. ...
    (comp.sys.atari.8bit)
  • Re: A Dedicated Non-Repudiation Cipher
    ... computers, ... ultimately have the same sort of problem: Alice can claim key ... "one of the easiest ways for Alice to repudiate ... adacrypt scheme also is vulnerable to that ruse.- Hide quoted text - ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: A Dedicated Non-Repudiation Cipher
    ... computers, ... ultimately have the same sort of problem: Alice can claim key ... "one of the easiest ways for Alice to repudiate ... adacrypt scheme also is vulnerable to that ruse. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: How are passwords stored with "What is the Nth character of your password?"?
    ... I offer some speculation about how they came to adopt such scheme. ... the caller may be overheard. ... They had computerized both the circulation system and the catalog, but it never needed to occur to them that now with computers the two would be more useful if they were combined. ... But, hey, it was a fun exercise. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: CHANGING TO NEW IP ADDRESS FROM SETUP ADDRESS
    ... I was able to chnage over the ip scheme I believe successfully. ... computers on the 10.11 network. ... working server that I finally got running about the way I wanted it to. ...