Re: Running program files on XP with non-executable extension?

From: Leythos (void_at_nowhere.lan)
Date: 11/06/05

Date: Sun, 06 Nov 2005 22:33:18 GMT

In article <>, says...
> David H. Lipman wrote:
> > Since I monitor many virus News Groups, including Symantec's, I have come across *many*
> > False Positive declarations from many AV vendors.
> I don't know why you bother Dave. They won't listen to Ex Vx or AV.
> They feel false positives are extremely low. They don't write the
> products they use, but they know more about them then the rest of us.
> Even the creators. *grin*

I talk with David on a personal/email level once a week or so, and I'm
not some kid/hack that doesn't have a clue, but I don't need to know how
Symantec AV works internally, only that it works in our environments.
I'm sure you don't know how ALL AV products work at the internal levels
either, or if you think you do, you're just what you claim I am.

I've not had an issue with false positives with Symantec Corp edition
software, at least not in the last 5 years, and we've not had a single
virus inside our protected networks - and we test the servers and select
workstations on a schedule with different vendors products, so I'm
confident in saying that.

I'm sorry you believe it can't be true, maybe you should look at how to
secure entry points a little better and then you might understand how
easy it is.

remove 999 in order to email me

Relevant Pages