Re: Privacy.LIE scamming you again!

From: Hairy One Kenobi (abuse_at_[127.0.0.1)
Date: 11/06/05

Date: Sun, 06 Nov 2005 09:37:39 GMT

"traveler" <noreply@nym.alias.net> wrote in message
news:tb5rm1duccaseg2q4iecmndgr10dii7a7m@4ax.com...
> On Sat, 5 Nov 2005 17:56:18 +1300, "Max Burke" <mlvburke@xxxxxxxxx.nz>

<snip>

> If you would like to try something that's more than a "revealer",
> that can safely remove the root kit for you, if in fact you want to
> remove it rather than keeping it, that's a safe product and produced
> by a leading computer security company, that's free to use until
> January 1st, 2006, then go to the general technology section at:
> www.privacy.li/forum
>
> Or just keep what you have, just don't delete anyhting.

..or just go to Windows Update and run the Malicious Software Removal Tool.

Limited, and less capable than (say) a typical 3rd-party AV (which is why I
don't personally use it). But utterly free.

If *I* were ever to locate a rootkit on one of my PCs, then the first stop
would be my AV provider.. after all, removing nasties is what I pay them
for. And what they do for a living.

Oh, and most vendors put out free worm removal tools, even to
non-subscribers. I daresay a bit of a rummage through the appropriate web
site would do the same for known rootkits.

Not that I'm dissing a tool that I haven't even looked at, of course...

--
Hairy One Kenobi
in the first place. So there!