Re: Running program files on XP with non-executable extension?

From: Zvi Netiv (support_at_replace_with_domain.com)
Date: 11/04/05

    Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2005 12:18:27 +0200

    Leythos <void@nowhere.lan> wrote:
    > In article <Xzvaf.1600$5R2.518@trnddc08>, DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net

    > > | That's great for them and you - not being snide here, but, as I said
    > > | before, never seen a false positive on more than 1500 systems, and we'll
    > > | continue to use it scanning all files on access.
    > >
    > > { just to stir the pot a bit... }
    [...]
    > Which does not change the fact that I've not had the experience of false
    > positives

    The reason could be little experience, or assuming that all the alerts that you
    saw were true positives, without confirming that they are indeed. Your
    assertions do not sound credible.

    Regards, Zvi

    --
    NetZ Computing Ltd. ISRAEL www.invircible.com www.ivi.co.il (Hebrew)
    InVircible Virus Defense Solutions, ResQ and Data Recovery Utilities

    • Re: Running program files on XP with non-executable extension?
      ... Leythos wrote: ... The reason could be little experience, or assuming that all the alerts that you ... NetZ Computing Ltd. ISRAEL www.invircible.com www.ivi.co.il (Hebrew) ...
      (comp.security.misc)
    • Re: The greatest Mystery to me is Republicans
      ... >>>America should not defend Israel. ... >the US to Israel at the time, part of the reason for the Arab's ... >>That doesn't make her an anti-semite. ...
      (rec.arts.mystery)
    • Re: Old news, new show: Billy Graham on Jews
      ... I expect many reasonable Turks and Israelis would be ... There's only one reason to lie about Israel & ignore other countries ...
      (soc.culture.jewish.moderated)
    • Re: Israel and Hamas
      ... >>> failed to spread democracy and instead encouraged Iranian voters to ... >>> territories were not governed by terrorists vowing to destroy Israel, ... Was the reason for the US to invade ... > Iran's nuclear programme. ...
      (soc.retirement)
    • Re: Discover Islam - The Fastest Growing Religion in the world
      ... Iran get's rid of the nuclear capablites or we destroy ... compelling reason why this scenario can't exist, ... The "Israeli glass parking lot" would not be a problem, as Iran is far ... enough away from Israel it would not effect them in that way. ...
      (talk.origins)