Re: Sony DRM Rootkit

From: Ray Vingnutte (rvmospam_at_againnospam.our.uk)
Date: 11/03/05

Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2005 19:36:04 +0000

On 01 Nov 2005 18:44:38 GMT
"nemo_outis" <abc@xyz.com> wrote:

> Here's a shocker: rootkit installed by Sony!
>
> Sony, Rootkits and Digital Rights Management Gone Too Far
> http://www.sysinternals.com/blog/2005/10/sony-rootkits-and-digital-
> rights.html
>
> Regards,

It's made the BBC headlines

  • Re: Sony DRM Rootkit
    ... Rootkits and Digital Rights Management Gone Too Far ... >> Regards, ... > I think the only thing shocking about this is that we haven't found all ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Sony DRM Rootkit
    ... Rootkits and Digital Rights Management Gone Too Far ... >> Regards, ... > It's made the BBC headlines ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Sony DRM Rootkit
    ... > Sony, Rootkits and Digital Rights Management Gone Too Far ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Sony DRM Rootkit
    ... Rootkits and Digital Rights Management Gone Too Far ... It's made the BBC headlines ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Q on AdAwareSE
    ... The whole OS is open to any user, so the OS itself could be considered a rootikit (if it weren't for the invisibility aspect of rootkits) ... The majority of rootkits rely on Alternate Data Streams (ADS) for their stealth capability - and Win9x does not support ADS (witness the fact that the WMF exploits that broke out at the new year affected only the NT hierarchy of Windows, because the vulnerability was effectively using ADS) ...
    (alt.comp.anti-virus)