Re: explorer vs firefox

From: Steve Welsh (nobody_at_linux.bogus)
Date: 11/02/05

    Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2005 23:25:00 +0000

    BigDaddyDragon wrote:
    > Hi I am Skye and I am Noob.........Ok now with the question. I reisisted
    > moving away from IE due to, quite simply, I am used to it. But lately
    > alternative browsers have piqued my interest. What diffrences should I
    > expect (major or minor). Is a change going to be dependent on what you do
    > online?
    > TIA
    > Big Daddy Skye

    Yes, I agree with other posters - Firefox does load more slowly, but we
    know why that is already, because M$ cheats and has most of the code for
    Internet Exploder already in memory when you launch it.

    They also didn't seem to mention (might have missed it), the single
    killer app advantage of Firefox - tabbed browsing.

    Hold the Control key down, when you follow a link - it will appear in a
    new tab in the same browser window.

    Steve

    • Re: explorer vs firefox
      ... > moving away from IE due to, quite simply, I am used to it. ... > alternative browsers have piqued my interest. ... What diffrences should I ... Anyway it is not an either/or situation, install Firefox and give it ...
      (alt.computer.security)
    • Re: explorer vs firefox
      ... >moving away from IE due to, quite simply, I am used to it. ... >alternative browsers have piqued my interest. ... What diffrences should I ... although Firefox has a number of security advantages over IE ...
      (alt.computer.security)
    • Re: explorer vs firefox
      ... >moving away from IE due to, quite simply, I am used to it. ... >alternative browsers have piqued my interest. ... What diffrences should I ... I've tried IE, FF, and opera. ...
      (alt.computer.security)
    • explorer vs firefox
      ... moving away from IE due to, quite simply, I am used to it. ... alternative browsers have piqued my interest. ... What diffrences should I ...
      (alt.computer.security)
    • Re: explorer vs firefox
      ... >alternative browsers have piqued my interest. ... There are plenty of add-ons available for ... Firefox which allow you to work in tandem with IE. ... One handy tip is to change the default icon used in the task bar, ...
      (alt.computer.security)