Re: explorer vs firefox

From: nemo_outis (abc_at_xyz.com)
Date: 11/01/05

Date: 01 Nov 2005 15:05:06 GMT

BigDaddyDragon <dragonmoods@hotmail.com> wrote in
news:Xns9700E260E1348dragonmoodscomcastne@216.196.97.136:

> Hi I am Skye and I am Noob.........Ok now with the question. I
> reisisted moving away from IE due to, quite simply, I am used to it.
> But lately alternative browsers have piqued my interest. What
> diffrences should I expect (major or minor). Is a change going to be
> dependent on what you do online?
> TIA
> Big Daddy Skye

Firefox is superior to IE in most ways, including security. There are very
few sites with "presentation" issues (i.e., which look "funny"). About the
only things that very rarely cause problems are Activex controls (because
they are a proprietary technology - they are also a gigantic security risk
BTW). As another poster pointed out, a Firefox extension (ieview) allows
you to seamlessly open any such pages in IE.

Regards,