Re: Someone's Busy Scanning

From: Anders (andersajja_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 10/30/05

Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 14:36:24 GMT

Ron wrote:
> My firewall is telling me that someone is scanning my UDP ports 1028,
> 1030, 1031, 1032, and 4297. Can anyone tell me what's so significant
> about those ports, and what would happen if they were left unprotected?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Ron

http://www.iana.org/assignments/port-numbers is a good place if you want
to see what certain ports are for, but they can be used for almost any
thing,
and that would answer you second qestion too.

If you donīt now what it is block it, and if you now what it is,
block it any way...well mostley.

Anders

Relevant Pages

  • Re: her grouping was developed, warm, and expects toward the kingdom
    ... Who did Allan price as well as all the ports? ... aidss unless Ron will a bit quote afterwards. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Active Sync-Bluetooth woes - Please help!
    ... "Ron R" wrote in message ... > I'm having a heck of a time getting the bluetooth PDA to install on my XPP ... When I go into the selection of the COM ports, windows wants to ... Where are the other COM ports assigned? ...
    (microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync)
  • Re: system listening
    ... I believe those are netbios ports. ... ports so better be careful. ... Regards, Ron AF Greve. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: 3 Computers without a hub
    ... In addition to what Ron wrote: You can probably buy a palm-sized ... mini switch with 5 ports for $15. ... Hans-Georg ...
  • RE: Legal? Road Runner proactive scanning.
    ... Don't lose any customers...the packet filter I have drops any further scan ... are common, ... I have no truck with my ISP scanning me, ... > scans your ports or checks for open relays, then go ahead and do it. ...
    (Security-Basics)