Re: Someone's Busy Scanning

From: Bit Twister (BitTwister_at_mouse-potato.com)
Date: 10/30/05

Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 08:23:30 -0600

http://www.dshield.org//port_report.php?port=
http://isc.sans.org/port_details.php?port=
http://lists.thedatalist.com/portlist/lookup.php?port=

> and what would happen if they were left unprotected?

Leaving any inbound attempt port unprotected is asking for any type of
trouble and can change anytime the malware author/script kiddie wants
to change the payload.

Relevant Pages

  • OT: Trend Micro WFBS beta starting soon
    ... getting pattern updates for laptops off the LAN. ... Trend firewall, even set to High, has inbound NetBIOS ports open. ... File and Printer Sharing" and when someone chooses it, it opens inbound ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Trend Micro WFBS beta starting soon
    ... before getting pattern updates for laptops off the LAN. ... Trend firewall, even set to High, has inbound NetBIOS ports open. ... File and Printer Sharing" and when someone chooses it, it opens inbound ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Trend Micro WFBS beta starting soon
    ... before getting pattern updates for laptops off the LAN. ... Trend firewall, even set to High, has inbound NetBIOS ports open. ... File and Printer Sharing" and when someone chooses it, it opens inbound ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Networking over mains cables
    ... 'inbound and outbound, only if initiated by me' and ... the firewall so a webserver needs to allow inbound HTTP ... In this context the ports are conceptual. ...
    (comp.sys.acorn.networking)
  • Re: Networking over mains cables
    ... 'inbound and outbound, only if initiated by me' and ... the firewall so a webserver needs to allow inbound HTTP ... After all, I have read about 'ports' for years, but never ...
    (comp.sys.acorn.networking)