Re: Banned URL

From: Notan (notan_at_ddress.com)
Date: 10/27/05

Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 07:42:43 -0600

Jim Watt wrote:

> <snip>
>
> presumably their users are happy with the way their email is sanitised
> and in taking bigtime spammers to court they are doing everyine a
> service. Generally they also seem to respond promptly to my
> complaints, although it might not be my choice of an ISP

I've found AOL to be nothing but a bunch of hypocrites.

While they tout their anti-SPAM existence, I've seen some of the biggest USENET
SPAMers originate their posts from AOL addresses. Repeated complaints seem to do
absolutely nothing.

Notan

Relevant Pages

  • Re: What happen to Dirtbag?
    ... on discovery, butttt nooooo, that doesn't count. ... In NJ only appeals from a municipal court are handled De Novo, ... The main issue wasn't that an ISP couldn't do what AOL did, ...
    (misc.invest.stocks)
  • Re: Harlan reaches for his lawyers again
    ... All of my retirement money, ... He sued AOL. ... AOL went to court. ...
    (rec.arts.sf.written)
  • Re: OT Quitting AOL is HELL
    ... wait until you try and UNinstall or remove AOL! ... It leaves little tidbits all over your registry. ... to court many times over this. ... the install, AOL is right on the edge of being classified as a virus. ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)