Re: Is there way to stop a keyboard logger intercepting my keystrokes?

From: Stephen Howard (seesigfor_at_email.uk)
Date: 10/24/05

Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 11:24:53 +0100

On Mon, 24 Oct 2005 18:38:39 +1300, kirkzeusNOSPAM@hotmail.com wrote:

>Hi all
>
>I have some data and programmes on a USB flash memory device and this
>is encrypted on the device. Is there anyway of preventing a keyboard
>logger from seeing the password that I am typing to open up the
>encrypted data on the USB device. I use this device on various
>computers not under my control.
>
>Many thanks

How about using a key disk?

Blowfish Advanced CS can make use of a floppy disk that contains your
key, and this would get around having to manually type in a password.
It may even be possible to store this key on another USB device.

Other than that, perhaps consider changing your password each time you
use the USB device on anything but your own machine.

http://www.hotpixel.net/software.html

Regards,

www.shwoodwind.co.uk

  • Re: Hello
    ... is just an upgrade and even if will do so will be with a lot of bugs. ... So better you will install a fresh installation of windows xp. ... USB ... keyboard wouldn't load until after the OS loaded. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: Supporting a PS/2 Keyboard
    ... I don't have any USB to PS2 ... The NOP keyboard ... One alternative then is to get the hardware guy to put a PS/2 to USB ... I assume that CE's USB HID driver supports a USB ...
  • Re: Capturing USB data?
    ... USB hardware device that a USB Keyboard and Mouse ... device drivers in a different ring, ... Works on every OS platform ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.mfc)
  • Re: Supporting a PS/2 Keyboard
    ... I don't have any USB to PS2 ... The NOP keyboard ... I assume that CE's USB HID driver supports a USB ... interfacing directly to the PS2 connector through the supplied PB ...
  • Re: Capturing USB data?
    ... USB hardware device that a USB Keyboard and Mouse plug ... But the Mac uses a different ... device drivers in a different ring, and therefore has a quite different ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.mfc)