Re: Security fears over MS October patches...

From: Dazz (cashdj_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 10/22/05

Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2005 12:01:26 +1000

On Fri, 21 Oct 2005 01:15:50 GMT, McSpreader <invalid@hotmail.com>
wrote:

<snipped>

>Interesting:
>
>- You can't be that bothered if you haven't followed it up after 7
>months.

Actually, I receive a lot of notifications, not just the sms ones
which is why I wasn't that concerned..

However, I still don't see why they should just *stop* without any
warning.

>- I've received regular alerts from Microsoft by email, including
>early information on the lastest bulletin a week *before* its
>release.

So do I - it's just that this thread reminded me that I was no longer
getting SMS alerts (even though I have never unsubscribed to those
alerts).

Regardless, I *simply* do not trust M$ to provide me with the only
source of information.

There have been cases in the past where M$ haven't revealed all the
information that they should regarding patches/vulnerabilities, so
regardless of where the information comes from, if it's accurate, I
prefer to know.

If people only rely on one source of information regarding
vulnerabilities and patches etc, then they are doing themselves (and
perhaps the rest of the computing world) an injustice.

Dazz