Re: Alright all you WinAdmins, start your sweating!

From: Imhotep (Imhotep_at_nospam.net)
Date: 10/01/05

Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 20:23:58 -0400

http://beta.news.com.com/Microsoft+confirms+next+XP+service+pack/2100-1016_3-5886274.html?tag=nefd.top

> | Im
>
> Based upon my experience and intuition...
> You won't see WinXP SP3 until at least this time next year and the admin.
> EXE version will be 300 ~ 330MB.
>
> They may release a WinXP SP3 Beta. Based upon all the problems with WinXP
> SP2 beta and release candidate, nobody should download these versions and
> be unpaid software testers and guinea pigs for Microsoft.

Yes, I agree. MS is sinking all of it's resources into Vista and as such I
would not install the SP...

Imhotep

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Alright all you WinAdmins, start your sweating!
    ... | The next XP service pack is coming! ... Based upon my experience and intuition... ... You won't see WinXP SP3 until at least this time next year and the admin. ... They may release a WinXP SP3 Beta. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: windows xp home edition service pack 1
    ... The recovery cd is just a service pack 1. ... You don't need to install SP2 ... Windows XP Service Pack 3 Network Installation Package for IT Professionals ... Steps to take before you install WinXP SP3 - ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: windows xp home edition service pack 1
    ... The recovery cd is just a service pack 1. ... You don't need to install SP2 ... Windows XP Service Pack 3 Network Installation Package for IT Professionals ... Steps to take before you install WinXP SP3 - ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: "Some updates could not be installed"??? Please help!
    ... WinXP SP3 RTM has not been made available to users yet. ... The only available support for WinXP SP3 Beta is in this forum: http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowForum.aspx?ForumID=2010&SiteID=17 ... You will have to uninstall WinXP SP3 Beta before you'll be able to install the final release. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: windows xp service pack 3
    ... WinXP SP3 was released to Windows Update c. 07 May-08. ... WinXP SP3 was officially released to Automatic Updates on 10 Jul-08. ... perky wrote: ... add/remove list there is no mention of service pack 2. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)