Re: Enough is enough...

From: Hairy One Kenobi (abuse_at_[127.0.0.1)
Date: 09/27/05

    Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 09:42:35 GMT

    "John Hyde" <EJhyd@netscape.net> wrote in message
    news:11jh6v9mfg4oaee@corp.supernews.com...
    > on 9/24/2005 4:46 PM Hairy One Kenobi said the following:
    > > "Bit Twister" <BitTwister@mouse-potato.com> wrote in message

    <snip>

    > > The judge appears to be acting as a complete arse, *but* that's with me
    not
    > > knowing the exact wording of the law that was referred to ("immediate
    threat
    > > of irreparable damage" may be a technical phrase)
    > >

    > The phrase "immediate threat of irreparable damage" is indeed a term of
    > art. The lawsuit alledges that the credit card company is required to
    > follow the California law, then asks for an order that would require the
    > company to do so with respect to the compromised accounts (an
    > "Injunction") and then asks for a _preliminary_ injunction requiring the
    > company to do so without having the opportunity to defend the case at
    > trial. More on the term of art in a moment.

    <snip>

    Thanks, John - very informative for someone not used to US terminology!

    H1K

    • Re: "My first choice [for Wagners complete Ring] would be Karl Boehms Phillips set, from Bayreuth in
      ... statement is an eloquent support for the relevance of criticism. ... of the aesthetic experience--the effect of art on one's emotions. ... The subtleties of the aesthetic experience of abstractions ...
      (rec.music.classical.recordings)
    • Re: The Graphics of Bilzingsleben
      ... art, if not more so than some of it. ... they just evolve and evolve. ... solve math problems more rapidly than we can do it in our heads ... ...
      (talk.origins)
    • Re: The Graphics of Bilzingsleben
      ... art, if not more so than some of it. ... A seal, probably, Possibly a gorilla, if you could get either to ... John S. Wilkins, Associate, Philosophy, University of Sydney ...
      (talk.origins)
    • Re: The Graphics of Bilzingsleben
      ... some are real works of art and are clearly the work of artists and as ... ago knew of the Golden Ratio and "many other" important constants; ... A seal, probably, Possibly a gorilla, if you could get either to ...
      (talk.origins)
    • Re: The Graphics of Bilzingsleben
      ... some are real works of art and are clearly the work of artists and as ... flowers know the Golden Ratio too and rabbits know Fibonacci's ... got a few decimal points and no cherry picking that would be another story. ...
      (talk.origins)