Re: Ok to let all ICMP traffic through firewall?

From: Chris (chris_at_nospam)
Date: 09/24/05

Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2005 14:36:18 +0100

> By bundling the two together, you indicated a lack of understanding of
> the difference...
>
> "Blocking Ping is very common, as is blocking inbound 135~139, 445, FTP,
> etc..."

I think that it's a bit of a stretch to suggest that someone stating that
blocking ping is very common, as is blocking inbound traffic to "135~139,
445, FTP, etc..." shows a lack of understanding of the difference. I think
that you've missed his point.

I like Chinese food as well as the occasional Indian but just because they
are mentioned in the same sentence shouldn't lead anyone to the conclusion
that I don't understand the difference between the two.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Ok to let all ICMP traffic through firewall?
    ... > By bundling the two together, you indicated a lack of understanding of ... I think that it's a bit of a stretch to suggest that someone stating that ... shows a lack of understanding of the difference. ... I like Chinese food as well as the occasional Indian but just because they ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Ok to let all ICMP traffic through firewall?
    ... > By bundling the two together, you indicated a lack of understanding of ... I think that it's a bit of a stretch to suggest that someone stating that ... shows a lack of understanding of the difference. ... I like Chinese food as well as the occasional Indian but just because they ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • Re: New Italian law compared to Race Laws of 1938
    ... The comparison is quite a stretch. ... making such a comparison really have little understanding of the ... Fascist/Nazi race laws of the 1930s as well as the problems of ... My typos & mispellings are intentional copyright traps * ...
    (rec.travel.europe)
  • Re: Amsterdam
    ... understanding of what is must have been like to be persecuted. ... And if your budget doesn't stretch to Amsterdam, ... posts to get an understanding of what it must be like to *think* that ...
    (uk.media.tv.misc)