Re: Ok to let all ICMP traffic through firewall?

From: Chris (chris_at_nospam)
Date: 09/24/05

Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2005 14:36:18 +0100

> By bundling the two together, you indicated a lack of understanding of
> the difference...
>
> "Blocking Ping is very common, as is blocking inbound 135~139, 445, FTP,
> etc..."

I think that it's a bit of a stretch to suggest that someone stating that
blocking ping is very common, as is blocking inbound traffic to "135~139,
445, FTP, etc..." shows a lack of understanding of the difference. I think
that you've missed his point.

I like Chinese food as well as the occasional Indian but just because they
are mentioned in the same sentence shouldn't lead anyone to the conclusion
that I don't understand the difference between the two.