Re: Is there a way to prevent files from being dragged-and-dropped from a CD?

From: Julia Briggs (julia4_me_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 09/17/05

    Date: 16 Sep 2005 18:43:16 -0700

    I am hoping if Winged or another super-brain out there can respond to
    the possibility he suggests below. Thank you so much. Kindest regards,
    Julia

    #
    Winged/
    Manually editing TOC for the file concerned to indicate a billion byte
    file (references address space not physically on CD) stops many casual
    copiers, though if someone is used to such methods the CD can still be
    copied by the astute. This can cause other issues depending on how you
    use the file.

    You can call the direct address from the disk without going through the
    TOC but if you call the file via the TOC an error will occur. This
    also requires the data to be written to the specific address location.

    To make it more difficult to duplicate the disk you can create an
    inappropriate sector length that will cause copiers like Roxio and Nero
    to fail, but you can induce incompatibility with non-multi-session
    capable drives.

    These methods require direct editing of the master media.

    Winged