Re: Protecting my hard drive?

From: Mama Bear (MamaBear_at_No-Spam.noo)
Date: 09/15/05

Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 13:10:25 -0500

Oh, this thread also reminds me of an idea that I've had for awhile
now, but don't have the technical knowledge to setup myself. It
would make a good business though.

Sell encrypted file space on a remote server. Call it something
like "Data Vault". Have the server located in a bank vault
somewhere and certify that. Run it with a secure encrypted web link
or something like that, so people could upload their sensitive and
critical data to the "Data Vault".

That way if their home computer was ever stolen, they would at
least have a backup copy off site that they could restore from.

People with DSL would find it more useful because of the speed.

--
- Mama Bear
Please add the following url to your sig to, pass the word, and