Re: Norton 2005 Software

From: Tomislav (bios_at_mail.inet.hr)
Date: 09/14/05

Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 19:27:53 +0200

I've got similar problems with Symantec Antivirus Corporate edition: it
won't perform any updates. Usually I do the following:

1. Uninstall it
2. Delete manually remaining files from HDD
3. WIth RegCleaner ( now RegSupreme ) remove any references from registry
4. Restart
5. Install new version

I hope that will work. Good luck.

Tom

"Joan and Alan" <slicklady7@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have purchased Norton Internet Security 2005, which includes firewall
and
> antivirus software. I have 2004 which expires on 9/18/2005. For some
reasons
> I could not get their live updates down loaded for about 3 weeks. My
> question is do i uninstall 2004 before installing 2005?
>
> Thank you to anybody that will help me.
>
> Joan

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Windows updates wont install, and icon issues seem to be rela
    ... With the Windows Updates, some updates will install, but any of the updates ... I cannot uninstall or modify any programs by using the ... cleanup tool to uninstall complex programs like Microsoft Office, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: HP software or Uninstall KB908531?
    ... tried to install the April updates ... No where in this folder or in add/remove programs is ... Try to find an uninstall file ... Even after selecting "show updates". ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Windows update and Outlook Express
    ... program wont even install now. ... I tried uninstalling updates, ... > You might be back working if you uninstall the last few updates you got. ... >> assumed I would delete and reinstall and it would..NOPE...I can get ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: DVD Burner and DVD-ROM Problems!!
    ... I will uninstall NAV 2004 because there has been some recent ... I looked at the updates in Control Panel/ Add or Remove ... > were my system, I would have done a clean install, turned off the ... > allowing them to be detected etc.) I'm doing just fine with no Windows ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Uninstalling SP1 beta
    ... You will not recover much by deleting updates and that will just increase the SP1 requirements by that same amount anyway since it will download the corresponding additional files. ... You cannot install or uninstall a service ...