Re: Norton 2005 Software

From: Tomislav (bios_at_mail.inet.hr)
Date: 09/14/05

Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 19:27:53 +0200

I've got similar problems with Symantec Antivirus Corporate edition: it
won't perform any updates. Usually I do the following:

1. Uninstall it
2. Delete manually remaining files from HDD
3. WIth RegCleaner ( now RegSupreme ) remove any references from registry
4. Restart
5. Install new version

I hope that will work. Good luck.

Tom

"Joan and Alan" <slicklady7@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have purchased Norton Internet Security 2005, which includes firewall
and
> antivirus software. I have 2004 which expires on 9/18/2005. For some
reasons
> I could not get their live updates down loaded for about 3 weeks. My
> question is do i uninstall 2004 before installing 2005?
>
> Thank you to anybody that will help me.
>
> Joan

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Windows updates wont install, and icon issues seem to be rela
    ... With the Windows Updates, some updates will install, but any of the updates ... I cannot uninstall or modify any programs by using the ... cleanup tool to uninstall complex programs like Microsoft Office, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: HP software or Uninstall KB908531?
    ... tried to install the April updates ... No where in this folder or in add/remove programs is ... Try to find an uninstall file ... Even after selecting "show updates". ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Windows update and Outlook Express
    ... program wont even install now. ... I tried uninstalling updates, ... > You might be back working if you uninstall the last few updates you got. ... >> assumed I would delete and reinstall and it would..NOPE...I can get ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: DVD Burner and DVD-ROM Problems!!
    ... I will uninstall NAV 2004 because there has been some recent ... I looked at the updates in Control Panel/ Add or Remove ... > were my system, I would have done a clean install, turned off the ... > allowing them to be detected etc.) I'm doing just fine with no Windows ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: new iMac arrived today...
    ... detects the wireless network, I type in the WPA security key, ... Grab the updates, including a firmware ... and uninstall trialware. ... I can see how this would tax the limited abilities of a Mac ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)